Children's Room Staff would love to show your class the library or visit your school or centers with age-appropriate story programs. Please read the following guidelines before you request a visit.
Group Visit Guidelines
- You are welcome to book a program up to twice a semester.
- Visits must be requested at least two weeks in advance.
- Be sure to have an alternate date and time to help with scheduling.
- Visits can be scheduled up to 2 months before the beginning of the semester of the visit.
- To schedule a visit September - December, call beginning July 1st.
- To schedule a visit January - May, call beginning November 1st.
- To schedule a visit June - August, call beginning April 1st.
Please note that, due to library scheduling and staffing demands, we may not be able to accommodate a visit in a given semester.
- Programs are available for daycare centers, preschools, homeschool groups, or elementary school classes with at least 8 children. For information on middle and high school visits, check the Teen Central Visit page.
- Programs both at the library and in a classroom will last approximately 30 minutes. Groups visiting the library are welcome to stay after the program to allow their children to look at books.
- The earliest a visit at the library can be scheduled is 9 a.m. The building does not open until 9 a.m.
- Transportation is not provided by the library.
- For information about library cards for your class, please contact Circulation Services at 758-6582 or stop at the Checkout Desk.
- A staff member from the Children's Room will call you back to confirm you visit. A visit is not considered scheduled until you hear from a Children's Room staff member. If you submit an online request and don't hear from the Children's Room in two business days, please call us at 758-6585.
Request a Visit
Return to HPL for Teachers