Public Meeting Room Conditions and Guidelines For Use
- Group size cannot exceed 25 persons. The room seats about 15 at tables and 25 in classroom style.
- At least one person over the age of 18 must be present during the meeting.
- The event must be open to the public and no admission may be charged.
- Individuals and groups booking the room may not in any way state or imply that the library is sponsoring the event. All notices and advertisements for the meeting must give the location as “Public Meeting Room at the Hedberg Public Library”.
- Library staff will provide no services to groups other than those normally offered to library patrons.
- Meetings must be scheduled during regular library hours and must adjourn at least 15 minutes before the library closes. No access is possible beyond scheduled library hours.
- The maximum time per meeting is four hours, including set-up and take-down.
- Use of the room by any one organization is limited to one meeting per week.
- If a group no longer needs the room for the time reserved, the reservation must be cancelled by calling the Service Desk. If the room is reserved and no one arrives at the appointed time, the group is considered a “no show”. If a group has three no-shows in a year, the group cannot book the room for the next twelve months.
- Users may set up the room as needed, as long as the room is returned to its original condition by the end of the meeting. The library assumes no responsibility for setting up the room.
- Food and non-alcoholic beverages may be brought into the room. There are no kitchen facilities available. Meeting room users are encouraged to purchase refreshments from The Ground Floor.
- If a group is in the Public Meeting Room and the meeting or event does not meet thpe criteria of this policy, the group may be asked to leave the building.
- The library reserves the right to cancel a reservation when the Public Meeting Room is required for use by the library or library-related organizations. If the library cancels a reservation, the library will give the contact person as much notice of the cancellation as possible.
- Library staff reserve the right to attend any meeting to ensure that the group is abiding by our policies.
- Any group who has abused the meeting room or violated any of these regulations may be prohibited from a return engagement.
Download Booking Form
return to: HPL Community